Bob’s Baked Blueberry Sorghum Pancake
Looking for a weekend breakfast that’s equal parts easy and amazing? Say hello to this blueberry oven pancake. Sorghum flour, a great match of jammy blueberries, keeps it especially light and tender.
2/3 cup sorghum flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1 1/2 tsp GF baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
3 1/2 Tbsp fine crystal cane sugar, divided
1 large egg or egg replacer
3/4 cup buttermilk or vegan buttermilk
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, divided (sub with vegan butter)
1 cup blueberries
Pure maple syrup (optional)
23 cm cast-iron skillet
- Place cast-iron skillet in the oven. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsp sugar, egg, buttermilk and 2 Tbsp butter. Use the necessary non-dairy substitutes if opting of the non-dairy version.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Remove skillet from oven. Add the remaining butter, swirling to coat. Add the batter and spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with blueberries and the remaining sugar. Return skillet to the oven and bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until just set at center. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with maple syrup.