Bob’s Honey Tahini Blondies
3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Millet Flour
1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Potato Starch
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened or vegan butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup liquid honey
2 large eggs or egg replacer
1 tsp GF vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray on a 20cm square metal baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together millet flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat tahini and butter until fluffy. Beat in brown sugar and honey until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. beat in vanilla until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28 to 32 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool completed in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Other unsweetened nut or seed butters, such as peanut, almond or sunflower, may be used in place of the tahini.
Store the cooled blondies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.