Bob’s Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/8 tsp gound nutmeg
2/3 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
2 eggs or 2 Tbsp Egg Replacer
1/4 cup Buttermilk or vegan buttermilk
3 Tbsp unsalted butter or vegan butter, melted or vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whist together flour, 1 tsp of cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the sugar, eggs, buttermilk and butter, until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide half the batter equally among prepared doughnut forms (they should be about half full).
- Bake in preheated oven for 0 to 12 minutes or until doughnuts are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes, then transfer to the rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- In a shallow dish, combine the remaining sugar and the remaining cinnamon. Sprinkle over both sides of warm doughnuts. Let cool completely.
For a vegan version of the recipe, replace the buttermilk in the recipe with our vegan buttermilk recipe and the 2 large eggs with Bob’s Red Mill GF Egg Replacer. You can follow the instructions on the egg replacer packet in order to use it as a substitute for the recipe.
If you don’t own a doughnut pan, you can cook the batter in a regular or mini muffin pan. Bake for around 10-12 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.